Drs. Garbowitz & Eckstein and the staff at New City Eyes always strive to provide the highest standards of protection and safety to its already existing high level of customer service. Our priority is taking care of our patients, our staff and our doctors.
- Patients should fill out Patient Intake Forms at home and send an electronic copy prior to their visit. If a patient does not have access to a computer, they may call our office ahead of time and a staff member can fill it out with the patient over the phone.
- Upon arrival, the patient should call or text our number from their vehicle to notify the office. We will be limiting the number of patients per hour to leave time for appropriate disinfection between patients.
- Patients are advised to wear a mask to their appointment. In the event you do not have a mask a disposable one will be provided. Sanitizer will be readily available throughout the office. If a patient comes into our office sick they will be rescheduled at another time.
- Patients are advised not to bring anyone to accompany them to the appointment except when necessary for children and the elderly.
- We will continue to offer social distance examinations through a high definition wide angle look into the patient’s eyes. This testing maximizes social distancing while performing a comprehensive retinal health evaluation. There may be an additional fee for this service.
- Sneeze guards are installed at high “contact” points throughout the office.
- Frames Selection and Safety- One-on-one consultation will be available with an optical staff member. Individual trays will be provided for patients to place frame selections. All frames will be disinfected after the consultation. Pick up protocol will be discussed after orders are placed.
COMING SOON: We will be offering virtual try-on and frame recommendation technology.
- Team members are to wear scrubs and masks at all times.
- All team members will be screened . If any associate shows symptoms of fever, they will be sent home.
- Masks and gloves have been secured for all. Team members must wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap solution when they arrive, before and after each patient, before eating, and after using the restroom.
- Team members will use only one phone and computer that is wiped with disinfectant intermittently throughout the day. If office staff share equipment, it shall be disinfected after each use.
Doctors will be utilizing Personal Protective Equipment in accordance with recommendations from the CDC, including masks, gloves when necessary, and face shields.
- Every doctor in our office will thoroughly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap solution or alcohol-based sanitizer when they arrive, before and after each patient, before eating and after using the restroom.
- Disposable equipment will be utilized as possible.
- Doctors will utilize a slit lamp shield/ barrier during the eye exam.
- Telehealth- Drs. Garbowitz & Eckstein have the technology that allows a doctor to evaluate and consult a patient when an office visit is not necessary.
- Our office will implement a meticulous cleaning protocol, sterilizing all surfaces as necessary.
- Exam rooms and equipment will be cleaned with a disinfectant between each patient.
- Plexiglass shields will be used to prevent exposure in high contact areas throughout the office
While we understand that some of these protocols might create a strict medical environment, we MUST adhere to these protocols for the safety of everyone who works or visits our office.
Thank you for your understanding, and looking forward to taking care of your eye care and optical needs!
Drs. Garbowitz & EcksteinThe Staff at New City Eyes