Exceeding CDC Recommendations to Ensure the Well-being of our Patients, Staff, and Doctors
Drs. Garbowitz & Eckstein and the staff at New City Eyes always strive to provide the highest standards of protection and safety to its already existing high level of customer service. Our priority is taking care of our patients, our staff and our doctors.
- Patients should fill out Patient Intake Forms at home and bring them to their appointment or send an electronic copy prior to their visit. If a patient does not have access to a computer, they may call our office ahead of time and a staff member can fill it out with the patient over the phone. We understand sometimes neither option is available, so a paper copy can be filled out in the office. Preferred method is for patient to use their own pen.
- Upon arrival, patient should call or text our number from their vehicle to notify the office. Our practice is limiting the number of patients and exams adhering to CDC social distancing guidelines. We will be limiting the number of patients per hour to leave time for appropriate disinfection between patients. If the patient does not have a phone, they should knock on the office door and a staff member will greet them and notify when the patient can enter the office. Our front doors will be monitored so staff can observe and control traffic in the office to ensure safe social distancing.
- All patients will have a temperature check via a contactless thermometer. If anyone shows signs of fever, they will be rescheduled. Patients will be asked about general health including exposure to someone who has been ill or someone who has traveled to high risk areas.
- Patients MUST wear a mask to their appointment. In the event you do not have a mask a disposable one will be provided. Sanitizer will be readily available throughout the office.
- Patients should not bring anyone to accompany them to the appointment except when necessary for children and the elderly.
- We will continue to offer social distance examinations through a high definition wide angle look into the patient’s eyes. This testing maximizes social distancing while performing a comprehensive retinal health evaluation. There may be an additional cost for this service.
- Sneeze guards are installed at high “contact” points throughout the office.
- Frames Selection and Safety- One-on-one consultation will be available with an optician. Patients are asked to point to frames they would like to try. Individually lined trays will be provided for patients to place frame selections. All frames and tray lining will be disinfected after the consultation. Pick up protocol will be discussed after orders are placed.
COMING SOON: We will be offering virtual try-on and frame recommendation technology.
- Team members are to change into scrubs and work footwear when arriving to the office.
- All team members will be given a temperature check via contactless thermometer when arriving to the office. If any associate shows symptoms of fever, they will be sent home. General health questions will be asked such as exposure to someone ill, or anyone who has traveled to high risk areas.
- Masks and gloves have been secured for all. Team members must wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap solution when they arrive, before and after each patient, before eating, and after using the restroom.
- Team members will use only one phone and computer that is wiped with disinfectant intermittently throughout the day. If office staff share equipment, it shall be disinfected after each use.
Doctors will be utilizing Personal Protective Equipment in accordance with recommendations from the CDC, including masks, gloves and shields. Additionally, many of our doctors will be changing clothes and shoes once they get to the office, choosing medical scrubs, gowns or lab coats for an additional layer of protection. All doctors will conduct a self-health check, including taking their own temperature before going to the office.
- Every doctors in our office will thoroughly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap solution or alcohol-based sanitizer when they arrive, before and after each patient, before eating and after using the restroom.
- Disposable equipment will be utilized as possible.
- Doctors will utilize a slit lamp “breath” shield/ barrier during exam.
- Telehealth- Drs. Garbowitz & Eckstein have the technology that allows a doctor to evaluate and consult a patient when an office visit is not necessary.
- Our office will implement a meticulous cleaning protocol, sterilizing all surfaces, countertops, door handles, armchairs, seats, tabletops and any high touch area.
- Exam rooms and equipment will be cleaned with a disinfectant between each patient.
- Plexiglass shields will be used to prevent exposure in high contact areas throughout the office.
- Waiting area of our offices will have some chairs removed to allow 6 feet social distancing.
While we understand that some of these protocols might create a strict medical environment, we MUST adhere to the protocols for the safety of everyone who works or visits our office.
Thank you for your understanding, and looking forward to taking care of your eye care and optical needs!
Drs. Garbowitz & Eckstein
The Staff at New City Eyes